Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Database Cleanup - SQLlite - R8.4

2 replies [Last post]
Andrew Sargent
User offline. Last seen 4 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

After reaching the 4GB limit on the XE database for the 1000th time I decided to just switch over to SQLlite. I have no reached the point where even my SQLlite database is bloated with POBS and old codes. Can someone tell me how to cleanup my sqllite DB? 

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

there are several thing that you can do

1. Clean the POBS tables in the existing database here is how

Click on start All Programs, Microsoft SQl Server 2005, SLQ Server Management Studio

Authentication: Should be SQL Server Authentication

Login: sa

Password: Prima123Vera

Then click connect

Expand the database folder and click on pmdb$primavera

Then up top select new query

Then type this

delete POBS;

the right click and select execute

now you can close and exit out of sql

2. download this POBS cleaner adn clean every XER file prior to imporing it

http://scheduleanalyzer.com/PurgePOBS.exe

3. You can exort the old projects as xer files save them to a thumb drive, an external hard drive or a network drive then delete these old projects.

4. You can create another database and stsrt to add NEW projects to that database 

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

SQLite Management Studio. Don't leave home without it.