Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Professional 16.1 will not add new pred or succ in Window but will using highlight and button combo

4 replies [Last post]
John Reeves
User offline. Last seen 5 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

P6 Professional 16.1 will not add new pred or succ in Window but will using highlight and button combo.  It is almost as if something is keeping the add activity window from popping up.  I will pop up if I click an existing predecessor and change it but will not if there are no predecessors.  Same with successors.  I can work around not being able to just simple add a new predecessor by just using the activity above it using highlighting and the top ribbon button and then change it - but I assume this is a bug or something.  I made sure I allowed popups, at least I thougtht I did in the correct spot.  Odd thing is that it has worked fine for a year.  Any ideas?

Replies

Marsha Peterson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Let me know if it doesn't work....  I like new best pals..... 

John Reeves

Genius!  I am not able to verify at this moment but that exactly fits my scenario....Thank you so very much.  In the old days...we would just slowly go insane with these issues, and by old days I mean just prior to your response.  I guess I did not bother seeing if Oracle has a forum, somehow I thought my odds were better here.  Your new best pal, John. 

John Reeves

Genius!  I am not able to verify at this moment but that exactly fits my scenario....Thank you so very much.  In the old days...we would just slowly go insane with these issues, and by old days I mean just prior to your response.  I guess I did not bother seeing if Oracle has a forum, somehow I thought my odds were better here.  Your new best pal, John. 

Marsha Peterson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

I think I've answered this before, perhaps in a different forum.  Let me tell you that the same thing happened to me when I was using my laptop with an additional monitor I don't always use.  It appeared that when I went back to using just my laptop monitor, I'd left some of the Primavera windows on the additional monitor, and when I closed they stayed there.  I finally plugged in an addtional monitor again to my laptop and saw my missing detail windows sitting there, patiently waiting for my next action.....

See if this helps....