Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Data base exceeds 4GB space.

5 replies [Last post]
Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

In the P6 8.3 version, the data base has exceeds the 4GB space, and unable to import, export or delete projects.

1. I could delete several small projects without resources and when I tried to delete bid projects "Event Code PRMDB-3293-E" and Access Error: ORA-12952 appeared.

2. I tried to delete activities in the project one by one, then increased the no of activities etc. It was working and then I tried to delete few big projects. It again worked.

3. Again the same problem reappreared after some time with the same message of 4GB space exceeding.

4. I tried "Truncate table REFRDEL" and "compact storage" by SQL command. Also I tried the SQL command "Delete from POBS"

5. Still no changes and now the main issue is I am unable to loin to P6, as the same message of exceeding the 4GB space is reappearing. The space availablity is showing 100% used.

Is there any options to solve this problem of login and to get back the free space. Is there any possibility to create a new data base with 4GB capacity (keeping the existing as it is), so that I can import the new projects into it.

Thanks and Best Regards

Kannan

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

sent shrinking and new database instructions

Kannan CP

Dear Zoltan,

Can you please send me the said procedures to my email ID: cpkannan_2000@yahoo.com

Thanks

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy

As per option 1 , what is the procedure to shrink the data base and files.

to shrink the database go into the SQL and highlight the database then right click and select TASK then shrink then database then do the same for the file shrink file 

s per option 2, my current data base in not SQL Lite. So I believe that I have to down load it first.

NO what everdat base that  you use create another database using that if its oracle or SQL

if you send me your email address I can send detaield instructions regarding both options.

Kannan CP

Thanks Zoltan..

As per option 1 , what is the procedure to shrink the data base and files.

s per option 2, my current data base in not SQL Lite. So I believe that I have to down load it first.

Regards

Kannan

Zoltan Palffy

other options

option #1

you can shrink the database and the file 

option #2

you can create another database

here is link on how to create another database 

https://tensix.com/2017/05/creating-a-new-sqlite-database-in-primavera-p6-professional/

if you do not have sql light just choose Microsoft SQL Server/SQL Server

MAKE SURE TO USE A DIFFERNT DATBASE NAME USE YOUR INITIALS LIKE KC.DB