Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Driving activity

6 replies [Last post]
mohamed civil
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I have already assigned a baseline and have been updating site progress every week.Although I found that project delay doesn't change when I do updation.I checked the driving activities in longest path, then I found that one very important activity is not driving rest of the actvities.I want to make that actvity as drving activity.Please someone help me to change that activity as driving activity.

Thank you

Moh

Replies

mohamed civil

That activity is not in critical path

Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

is that activity is in your critical chain ?

change the logic & try to make a proper relationship through that your activity will drive all the successor activities.

mohamed civil

I had although I have removed that now

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

you can't MAKE a activity driving the logic and durations deterrmine that do you have a project must finish by date assigned to the project  ?

mohamed civil

Please someone helps me by replying

mohamed civil

Please someone helps me by replying