Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 V7 Updating a Project using another version of the project

1 reply [Last post]
Charlie Daniels
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Is it possible to use one version of a project, to update only certain activities of a newer version?

I have added more detail to a project, linked it to sub projects, and would like to update this projects dates with that of a newer version that does not have the links to the sub projects, I don't want the update op remove the links to the sub projects in the older version though, which is what is happening when I try this, it updates the logic and everything else too. (removing the links which I would like to keep)

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

I dont think you means the actual version of the sofware but where one schedule has newer information than the previous one. If this is teh case then choose the import action select Update existing project. To take this a step further you can choose what you want to update during the import process by  selecting modify during the import process and select which itesm you want to update. You have bascially 4 import options to choose for each item being imported.

Your Options are:

Update Existing

Donot Import

Insert New

Keep Existing

this can be done for each item in the

Activity Type, Global Type &  Project Type