Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Analysis Help - Microsoft Project 2013

1 reply [Last post]
Shannon Lewis
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello!

I 'm hoping someone here will be amiable to helping me get the data I'm looking for out of Microsoft Project. I'm not really looking for another software solution at this time (though, I'll definitely be browsing at the CPM Conference next week); but, I'm hoping to figure out how to get the data out of the program itself and into excel.

In the interest of full disclosure: I've spent the majority of my career working in P6, so i'm having a tough transition going to Microsoft Project. 

Presently, I'm looking to export something similar to the Resource usage profile in P6. (Resource use over time dow to the day) that I can then manipulate into curves and graphs for discussion points with my project managers. I know that the program will make the charts for me; but, I want to be able to see the data so that I can then summarize to the appropriate level as necessary. (I'm a big fan of slicing and dicing.) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 6 hours ago. Offline

Try XER toolkit.

https://www.xertoolkit.co.uk/

I do not use MSP nor P6 but this tool seems like worth trying if you use MSP, you can download their demo for free and try it yourself.

Good Luck,

Rafael