Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Safran vs MS Project

1 reply [Last post]
Lili Gao
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi guys,

I have many small projects,  they are simple projects and last no more than 6 months, the tasks are just collectingi information from various parties in a sequence. I am thinking which software to use, MS Project or Safran?

What we want is :

1. A collaborative project management tool, which means the members can at least update the %complete information for their task, members can see project plan and other project files. I know MS Project Pro can sync with Sharepoint, unfortunately, from what I heard from other users, this synchronization functionality was not very good with MS Project Pro 2010, at least the task orders are messed up after sync from MS project to Sharepoint.
  2. Web Access, which means the memebers can edit project plan througe web brower
  3. Sending out email reminder to task owner. I know MS Project can send out alerts to task owner, but what we want is an email with detaield task information
  4. Project portfolio management. Easy to manage many projects at the same time. We have 20 to 30 small projects going on at the same time, so coulde be very nice if we can manage them all at the same time.

We have MS Project std 2010, 2013  and MS Project pro 2010, and Safran Project in our company.

I know Safran can meet all our needs, but i think Safran is a little overwhelming for what we need. Besides, I am not sure if Safran is suitable to manage many projects at the same time

Thanks a lot

Lili G

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Lil

None of the above.

Asta PowerProject enterprise will do it all and more.

Pull down a free 30 day demo from www.astadev.com

Best regards

Mike Testro