Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating / rescheduling project - MSP 2013

2 replies [Last post]
Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HELP!

Im four days into my new job and almost done creating a finishes programmes for some refurbishment works on some houses.

Ive put some bare bones together and been to site, made my notes, come back the office to update the project and see what I can juggle about.

In the previous version (2007 I think) if a future activity was due to start, and I made a start on it, when I hit update project, it  would bring the remainder of the task forward to the progress line. 

For example, I have a bar for "Decorations" 2d long, on the Ground Floor, starting on 26th June.  The guys have actually done one of the rooms, so Ive marked this activity as 25% complete.  After Ive hit reschedule, the completed and uncompleted parts of the bar stay where they are, on 30th June.  I wanted the completed part of the bar to go behind the progress line and the remainder of the works to reschedule to immediately after the progress line.

Anything that HASNT started (links permitting) has been brought forward, its just items that have had a start on them causing this problem.

I hope this makes sense?  If someone can help me ASAP I'd be very grateful, else my job is going to be a nightmare rescheduling everything by eye.  

Replies

Christine P
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for your reply.  After about an hour of searching on the net yesterday, I got the same answer and it is exactly what I needed. 

I have no idea about how the previous versions worked because I am mostly used to Asta Powerproject, even though I've used MSP a fair bit (say 75/25 in favour of Asta).  When I used MSP it was purely progressing other peoples programmes so it was pretty much set up how it was needed.

This new job has got me on the newest version and I'm doing all my own programmes and needed to give something to the guys on site ASAP, so I've been thrown in the deep end with it.  Which, for me, has been a great way to learn a new bit of software!

Again, thanks for your reply :o)

Andrew Blood
User offline. Last seen 7 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

If it's the same as MSP 2010, there are two sequences of actions to do

Firstly:-

1. File
  2. Options
  3. Schedule
  4. Tick "Split in progress tasks" [or press alt p]

Secondly

1. Highlight the specific task