Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Custom field to show only PM name

1 reply [Last post]
Paul Robinson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there,

I am using MSP 2010 prof. I have a file with over 90 projects. In the Gantt view I want to create a custom field named PM that only shows the assigned PM and not all the other assigned resources. Not all projects have a PM assigned. Any ideas on how to do this? The formula is doing my head in.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Paul

In the project start dialogue for each project there should be a field for Project Manager - or at least a field that can be adapted for that purpose.

There is no quick way but to enter the name of the project manager for each project.

The contents should then be displayed in your chart.

Best regards

Mike Testro