Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formating page - help required

4 replies [Last post]
Rod Campbell
User offline. Last seen 14 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know how to format the page to minimise the ’block’ between the last activity and the legend??? Or, can this block area be used e.g. like in a drawing???

Any help is mucho appreciatedo

Replies

Rubas M. Kutty
User offline. Last seen 10 years 1 week ago. Offline
Just to add, you can adjust scaling % manually, other than multiples of 5.
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 23 weeks ago. Offline
You can’t use the space between the chart and the legend, except by scaling up the chart.
In Page Setup, suppose you start by selecting the correct size paper and orientation, adjust the margins (1cm all round will do), then check at 100% scale.
You should avoid reducing the scale too far until it becomes unreadable. So if it looks like it will print to 1 and a bit pages you can scale it down to 90% or thereabouts, but not much further, to get it onto 1 page.
Or scale up to 2 pages tall.
Darren Kosa
User offline. Last seen 7 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rod,

I often have a similar problem to this (depending on how many pages I print over).

The text is either too small, but the schedule ’fits’ onto the correct amount of pages or the text is the right size, but there is a gap between the project tasks finishing halfway down the page and the legend at the bottom of the page.

I couldn’t find a way to move the legend so it sits directly under the schedule, I could only remove the legend or show the legend on a separate page.

Either way I removed the border first (File > Page Setup > Margins) by selecting the ’None’ radio button for the Borders around option.

Regards,

Darren
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline
Rod

If you mean that there is a gap between the last bar and the key section try the following.

select the correct page size
try File page setup and then in the page tab "fit to" 1x1
if this does not give you what you want then you have to play with

in the page tab the adjust to % section, also double click on the timescale on the screen and adjust the size % (as you increase the % section in the page tab the programme can go to more than 1 page sideways) and then you can also adjust the margins. , you could also alter the text size and bar size - it normally is a mixture of all of the above and a lot of patience.

Andrew