Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

% complete of Resource - actual work results.

10 replies [Last post]
Vinit Shah
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have a project 9 month Old which I update regularly. Now all my time scaled data is not showing result as per % complete I enter in Tracking Gant View.Many of %complete data are different & so is the time scaled results. Why is it so?

Replies

Vinit Shah
ya i have sent the file.
Thanks
Vinit Shah
Ya Alexandre

Its randomly distributed & not of a common crieteria. My proj is about 1100 Task of which about 15 Task’s resource usage results are wrong.
Vinit Shah
Dear Alexandre
Thanks but all my option settings are correct & problem is only with few tasks other tasks are OK.If I correct it physically in resource view it changes % complete in Tracking Gantt view & doesn’t spread the resource as per work happened in due corse of time.(Resources are entered in sqm of qty & no of man days- entered as material).
Vinit Shah
Yes all my tasks are resource loaded & the problem is for few tasks only.For example in one particular task my % complete (& % work complete) is entered as 18% but in resource view its 0%.So no actual work data is appearing in time scaled result of resource view (which I have to update physically in seperate spreadsheet).
Vinit Shah
Thanks for yr message but may be I didn’t explain the problem properly. There are many tasks in my schedule which has been updated by me. Now for few tasks even after enetring % work complete (& % complete) in Tracking Gant view % complete is not appearing in Resource usage view.

L.E.N. Lewis
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 days ago. Offline
You may be confusing %Complete with %WorkComplete.

%Complete reflects the Percentage of elapsed time; %WorkComplete represents the work done.

Consider a task that has 2 days of work and 10 days of duration. After 5 days, no work has been done.

%Complete = 50%; %WorkComplete = 0%