Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

help please

1 reply [Last post]
Nadeem Akram
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Fellows Can any one please guide me
A------------ I got option of Further educationin in 2 Universities.
1-MSc Project Management Reading University School of Construction Management.
2- MSc Construction Management City University London

I want to start my career as Planner or Planning Engineer ,which MSc will suit my career?
B------------What is difference between Planner and Planning Engineer.

I hope you will spare some time for me

Regards

Nadeem Akram
Senior Engineer
Building
London

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 1 year 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Nadeem,

I don’t think that an entire MSc programme devoted to planning and scheduling actually exists.

Most MSc programs in project management will spend considerable time on: scheduling & cost control, project finance, mathematical models, and risk management; however I think a lot more is required to become a truly great planner. After all, these are "just" universities, teaching concepts and theoretical models.

I’ve done the MSc program at GWU in Washington DC and enjoyed every minute, but it didn’t turn me into a better planner or scheduler.
In my mind planning and scheduling expertise comes with experience, tenacity, and love for the profession. Ultimately, it’s the 20 years in project management that gives me the confidence that I can deal with any schedule, no matter the size and complexity, not my MSc.

Hope this helps,

Niek.