Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Lag’s Calendar

6 replies [Last post]
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hello all,

Could u please tell me which calendar do MS Project respect to calculate lags?? (predecessor, successor or another)

Thanks.

Marcio Eduardo.
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Replies

Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
There are two other options for lags:

Elapsed lags, say FS+10edays will give you an elapsed lag ignoring the Successor calendar.

Percent Lags, say FS-50% which will allow the successor to start 50% through the duration of the predecessor.

P3 and SuerTrak use the predecessor calendar but Primavera Enterprise gives several options.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
In MSP 2003, working days in lag relationships are computed based on the Successor Activity’s calender. This defaults to the Project Calendar if no other calendar is specified for the successor activity. (I think P3 uses the Predessesor’s calendar).

[This is a correction I just learned today, so I thought I’d post it for the record.]
BR, tom
Ioannis Leontiou
User offline. Last seen 5 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
It uses Default Calendar, Unless yuo had configured and assign a Task Calendar for the tasks reference to
Marcio Sampaio
Thanks Ronald.

I’m not a MSP user ... so i dont use to read MSP threads ... thats why i didn’t know about that.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
I have been told that MS Project lags are calculated using the Default Calendar.
Marcio Sampaio
And where can I configure this??

Thanks