Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MPP to MPX

4 replies [Last post]
Mirza Imam Baig
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Gentlemen,
Can any one guide me how to convert MPP file to MPX so that I can import the schedule to P3ec?

Thanks in anticipation

Imam Baig

Replies

Tim Isaac
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

To at least partly answer my own question....

Saving MSP 2007 with no blank lines (or activity calendars?) in XML format is working importing to P6 6.2

An IT guru has been working remotely to install stand alone P6 8.2 on my other laptop for the past hour. If he is sucessful I will be able to check out the same import technique on P6 8.2

Best wishes to all 

Tim

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 14 hours 47 min ago. Offline
Tim Isaac
User offline. Last seen 6 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Can anyone provide on update on comverting mpp files to mpx? Most or the posts on threads are a few years (& verseions) out of date. 

When I have to I am using MSP 2007, although some others are using MSP 2010, but mostly working in P6 version 6.2.

I hope to upgrade to the latest (if it still exists) stand alone version of P6 very soon. In the past I have used Pertmaster as a go between, but I don't have it with me on this visit to Nigeria. The net is too unreliable here to run a networked version & besides IT support presents a big risk (also I am old school & like to be IT self sufficient).

Any advise would be appreciated.

Cheers (it's 16:55 on Friday!!)

Tim

Farid Salmanov
User offline. Last seen 17 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
See previous thread