Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Formatting Bars

5 replies [Last post]
Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Working in MSP2003, I am trying to format a bar to "fade" either at the start or end of the task in order to show ongoing work without an end date being apparent.

Has anyone managed to do this - if so, I would be grateful for any info as how to do this.

Cheers.

Replies

Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Andrew,

Thanks for that. However, I think that the schedule I am looking at will have so many "work-rounds", it will double the number of activities!!!

Regards.
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 16 years 3 days ago. Offline
Tony

If you created two bars with a finish start relationship - the first bar being the "solid" colour and the second being a lighter shade (in the pattern section), you could then create a summary bar of the two and roll up the bars. On the summary bar you hide the task bar and show the rolled up gantt bars, and on the tasks you roll up the bar to the summary bar. If the second bar was then split into sections, ie breaks between work days, and you put an arrow as the end shape of the second bar, and then minimise the summary bar the results are not too bad. You could aklso add some text to the bar to indicate an ongoing timeframe.

Cheers

Andrew
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Tony,

I tried to do something like this a while back and couldn’t make it work. If you do get hold of something could you post it in this thread, I’d really be interested.

Chris Oggham
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 5 weeks ago. Offline
I am fairly certain this is not a standard feature.

You could paste in a graphic created somewhere else but this is not in my opinion ideal solution..

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au