Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project/Resource Query

1 reply [Last post]
David Blades
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Planners - please help

I have been asked to update an already started project plan to detail personnel resources. It has a task heading of ’Company Resources’and then 30 sub tasks each being a task to be done. My problem is that as I move down the list and change start and finish dates for some reason the dates of other tasks are being changed? Can you advise on what the contraint type should be? Non of the tasks are linked? I would be most grateful for any advice.

Dave

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Dave,

????????

"Tasks are independent and not linked to each other.
But when you update the start and finish dates for one task the dates for other tasks change automatically."

Check your schedule again. Go to Format/Layout and check Links. If you marked the links invisible box, remove it and marked the links visible box.

Now you are able the see the links. Check what are the predecessor and successor for each task and update it accordingly.

HTH