Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Total Resources

5 replies [Last post]
Ian Thomson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
I have assigned all my resources in MS Project and levelled them. Is there a summary option for total resources as in P3? Thanks for the help in advance.

Replies

Ian Thomson
Thanks Gents

It is great to get such quick assistance as no-one nearby can help. Thanks PP.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Ian,
Follow the Tony’s suggestion that will work. Later you can customise your view and can change resource unit to get man hours or mandays or manmonth or any other information you want to see and save that to avoid the whole process again.
Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Ian - try selecting the Resource Chart, then using Format, Bar Styles. In this, you have two options, one for "Filtered", the other for "Resources".

Under the "Filtered" column, set up to show both overallocated and allocated resources as a bar, and set the "Resource" column to "Don’t show".

Then ensure that your filter is set to "All Resources" and you should get the overall resource allocations shown. Note that if you change the information shown e.g. from Peak units to Work, you will need to go through the above again.

Hope this helps.
Ian Thomson
I am actually looking for an overall histogram. Up to now I print out all the disciplines and add them up. Seems silly to do it this way.

Thanks again.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Ian,
You can get the Total resource in two way first is view resource sheet and then group all resource, then you will get the Summary. Second is make a resource report by grouping, only thing is to keep all resource in a single group. Is that you wanted?