Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS Project Calendar Mods

9 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Just wondering if there is any way to label specific days on a MSP calendar. We need to blank out several days for things like ’No Power on Site’ so that our contractor knows when to pull his staff back. It would be nice to have a labelled band running vertically down the gant chart with this detail in it - so far I cannot see how this can be done..

Replies

Peter Reed
User offline. Last seen 19 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks gents I now understand that this is not possible.
Forum Guest
Thanks Raj, you’ve been very helpful.
Raj Maurya
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
You don’t need to do for each month seperately, it will show automatically. If you feel any problem then just select all date( not day) of month and click default button.You can check for other months.
Forum Guest
Raj,

Do I need to do that for all the 36 months of the project duration? Is there no automatic way?
Raj Maurya
I am using MSP version 2000 and it is working even though if select any specific day as non working day that also shows in bar area as band of non working day. I think it works in lower version of MSP also.
Forum Guest
Raj,

But still the gray band in the graphics won’t move to Thu/Fri. BTW, which version are you using?
Raj Maurya
Select Thu & Fri then make them non default working time and Sat & Sun as non working time in calander.This will change weekend as Thu & Fri as you want it.
Raj Maurya
There is no levelled non working day band in MSP. You can edit the day you want non working that will show in bar area then you insert the text (reason of non working day) on the band. Hope this will help you to identify non working day.
Forum Guest
I have similar problem in showing the week-ends to Thu/Fri as the gray band is fixed to Sat/Sun. Note that Thu/Fri is the week-end in Arabic countries.

proj_planner