Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Planet Annecdote

No replies
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

How about planning annecdote that will brigthen our days.

I have this project that happened long ago. Our project manager wants to overcome the delays and the big variance between the plan progress and actual progress.

I suggeted that we make some leapfrogging. The basic philosophy i took from the pacifc campaing of General Douglas MacArthur. The idea is to leapfrog from one floor to the next floor.

Initially the implementation of the plan was a success. However, as time moves on, we notice that a lot of our resources started to ’LEAPFROG" from the top floors. Our worst fear started to materialize when someone started to "LEAPFROG" to solve some financial and personal problems.

Eventually, the project management team decided to stop the theory of "LEAPFROGGING" and come up with a new solution to mitigate delays and always ahead with the actual progress compare with plan progress.

The above is only an annecdote.

cheers,

Charlie