Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Nationality

7 replies [Last post]
ZELAL RUKEN GOL
User offline. Last seen 18 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
I think it would be a good, if in profiles section we could see member nationalities.

There are three categories in member directory : Surname - Company and Country/Region. In country/region category, we are only able to see where the person works.

In addition to all of them, I would like to sort the members by nationality in order to contact with people who have the same nationality working in desired work locations.

In this way, people who works abroad could easily contact with their colleagues who comes from same country and has the same nationalities, not only for professional purposes, but also for social activities around.

Replies

Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Suku idea is good in respect of any message to any nationality
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Mrs.Zelal,

You can do so by sending a Private Message (PM) to any of the PPers that you want to communicate personally.

Regards.
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

You can alway get those information from your embassy, consulate or any government representative in the host country.

Im 100% not in favor of posting nationalities in PP.

What is important here in PP is the ideas to help us improve as planners, how we help each other overcome planning problems in short notice by collective assistance from members, etc..

If you are serious in socializing in general, with any pp members or specifically, pp member with same nationality as yours, you can always find a way other than placing nationality for pp members.

We will continue to keep our nationality a secret. What matter most is our ideas and how such ideas impacted to each member in the advancement of carreers, happines as planners, etc., etc.,

Best regards,
ZELAL RUKEN GOL
User offline. Last seen 18 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Chris,

The difficulties that you face abroad could be easily solved by sharing the necessary information with the people that comes from your culture. Eating habits, drinking habits, living details up to the culture is well known by your country’s citizens and that kind of information could only be brought to you by them. To make life easier, everbody tends to seek somebody from his/her hometown when they’re abroad.
Beyond that, you’re absolutely right that nationality does not matter.

Mrs. Zelal Ruken GOL
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
I agree with Chris 101%,
we have to exposed our self to global market.
This is a chance u to communicate with other countries experts.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Guys,

I can see the point that is being made here, and to some extent I agree with it, however, I would pose the question:
"If you like the way a person thinks, acts and interacts with you on this forum, what does his or her nationality matter?"

Chris Oggham
Rahmat Hidayat
User offline. Last seen 29 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline
I 100% agree with Gol, pls admin to consider this suggestion.

Tx