Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

New Questions Overview since last Log-in

10 replies [Last post]
Ed van der Tak
User offline. Last seen 8 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Is it possible to have a link to new posted questions since last log-in (as it is with new members)?

This would probably get a faster respons to questions posted.

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
Aram Planning Consultants
The Netherlands

Replies

Ed van der Tak
Hi James,

Why wait to test the new script codes if Iam online and able to type in a message to check if it works. Im not using any enter keys in this text nor are entering specific characters. For your info Im using MSIE 6.0.[now an enter]

Keep up the good work [enter]

Ed
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Ed,

I have been passed this problem (short word-wrapping) by the Planning Planet guys. It hope I have fixed it.

Depending on which type (and version) of internet browser you are using, it appears that the line-feed characters and the automatic "word-wrap" type characters are handled in different ways. I have added some addition script code and tested it.

I hope it is now ok, but nevertheless, I will be looking at the new posts to see if it re-appears.

Regards.
James
Ed van der Tak
Further on the same topic of the text width I see
that after a new login the text is fully
distributed over the complete column width. So
only after I have enter the text (like this one)
the "small" version shows on the screen. Strange,
but ... Well lets continue with more valuable
comments.

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
Aram Planning Consultants

P.S. : The job page works great! A lot of good
responses so far.
Mohamed Gebriel
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Gents,

At last we have this feature working. We can now link directly to a list of latest posts since the last login.

Thanx and keep up the good work.
Ed van der Tak
Im using MSI 6.0. I hope this will solve the problem of the text width. This text is already long enough to check the lenght of this e-mail agian.

Regards,
Ed
Forum Guest
Thanks for the info. We are pulling our hair out trying to sort this one out.

Thanks.
Forum Guest
Hi and Thanks for the continued feedback.

I have passed your comments about not flagging up "new posts" as new, when they are your own posts !! Good one.

In addition I will get James to reverse - sort the replies list to see if it reads better by having the latest reply at the top of the page.

And finally, in regard to your question about why your posts were word-wrapped and not filling the full width of the screen. Can you tell me if you are using Netscape or MSIE. These browsers handle line feeds and carirage returns differently. If you let me know, it may help us get this one fixed.

Regards...
Ed van der Tak
Gents,

Could you explain to me why the text width
is only this small (compared to previous
post in this thread?

Regards,

Ed van der Tak
ARAM Planning Consultants
The Netherlands
Ed van der Tak
Thanks,

Another great improvement to your website!

Nevertheless I still have a question (as always), the new posted items are also showing my own replies/posts, can you filter those out? (Ive already seen them).

The layout of the forum posts/replies is looking great, but is it possible to sort them in a reverse order? (latest respons on top) In this layout also my own replies are marked "unread".

De ballen (short for keep up the good work - dutch)

Ed van der Tak
ARAM Planning Consultants
The Netherlands
Forum Guest
Hi Ed,

I think this now works. Let me know if the link to "New Messages" on the main index page does what you hoped it would.

Let us know if it is still not right for you.

Regards...