Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Proceedure / Download Centre

6 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi PPers,

This new post has been created in order to start discussion and progress in relation to the suggested functionality..

It has been suggested that such an "Upload / Download & Reference Centre" could consist of:

a) Productivity Rates

b) Some P3 (or other) Masterpiece Sample Projects

c) Topics individually discussed in planning forum properly organized from all sections at one place
d) New Software and techniques pertaining to planning in this section for easy reference

e) Planning Proceedures etc etc

f) Tips and tricks etc

We will post a new reply to this with some initial ideas, which anyone can comment on etc.

Regards...

PP Admin

Replies

Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
It is very useful and meaningful for PPers to have such an excellent database.

May all the PPers contribute more infomation to upgrade the database system.

Regards.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Nice to see this Download Centre in TEST version.

This is time taken job and hope that all PP members will surely conribute to this SECTION to make it effective for evereyone
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PP Admin,

Good work, its really nice to have a download centre in order to get the following items as you have mentioned.

1. Rates
2. Proceedures
3. Software
4. Tips & Tricks
5. Sample Programmes
6. etc

under the software item, are you giving any access to download some software like P3, P3 E/C etc., for evaluation purpose?.

Let us see how it works............

Cheers!!!

Daya
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PPadmin,

Looking forward to it, if we can help will do so, the problem previously has been with the productivity rates, has no factoring, and weightings. Factors should indicated the normal manhours required to do a specific job, weightings is dependant on where the job is being done, the specific skills available, however, it is a case of termonology, and the split could be even more diverse, so put your thinking caps on gentleman, and let us discuss the practicalities of life on a universal scale.

Thanks for an interesting subject.

Tegards
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
PP Admin,

This is hugely exciting to me!

In fact, I will be teaching a graduate course for the next two weeks at the University of the West Indies/Barbados, and I’ll be eager to pass this source information (as well as other kind words about Planning Planet -- as a new member, I’m very impressed!) on to my students.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hi PPers,

We have a huge (no, a massive!!) database of build-times and production rates on the PP server which are all tagged using an LBS - a location breakdown structure. This will let us compare and contrast what is happenning around the globe. Some of the numbers we have are really exciting and interesting.

In regard to organising a Reference Centre we thought it would be a good idea to utilise something along the lines of this test-page (see link below). We could categorise things using a number of headings and sub-headings (i.e. a WBS type of thing)

Test Pages

We could decide on categories and how we would organise any suggested topics, or sections....

The top level of the Reference Centre WBS could be along these lines...

1. Rates
2. Proceedures
3. Software
4. Tips & Tricks
5. Sample Programmes
6. etc

We can then organsie the controlled review and upload of the data we have, along with what is present on the web etc. We also need agreement on how best to present the data on the screen.

What do you think? As ever PPers, this will be developed around the suggestions provided by us all.

PP Admin Team