Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Log out when reply!

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My practice is open PlanningPlanet home page, login, go to forum and view posted. When I make reply, press "Reply", type in content, then press "Post Now". Screen refresh and back to post page.
Then I found my post was by Guest, ie Re-login required. Anyone experience this?

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
It semms the problem is solved.

mktse
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi guys,

Each website runs with what is called a "session.timeout" variable which specifies how long your browser remembers certain thigs, such as your login ID. The PPer one was set at a much smaller value. We now have the PPers variable set at 30 mins and I have just hard coded this to be sure that our webspace provider has not changed our defaults. Our web space provider has recently moved the site to a better server and they appear to be tweaking our defaults. They have appologised.

Anyone still having problems ?

It appears that your unexpected "forum-guest" posting issue occurs when a users "session" time had passed (while you were typing the post), so the script checked for your login status which had lapsed and saved your post as an unknown PPer, i.e. the Guest..

The sure-fire way of preventing this is to allow cookies in your browser setup. Some of the PPers has setup their browser settings to prevent cookies, but have specified that only the Planning Planet cookie is acceptable. A good fix if you are concerned over what other sites may be saving to your hard disk. This will allow out login script to auto-log you in as you visit us.

PP Team.
MK TSE
No. I accept cookie.

mktse
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Are you blocking cookies with your browser/internet settings?

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
MK TSE
Interesting, when I start this thread, kick me out again and the result is my guest. Ha ha, may be I typed too much