Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Slow Discussion Forum

6 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

Does anyone think that this forum is a little slow in loading etc. We are not happy. Are you?

Development Team.

Replies

Forum Guest
Hy people,

More good ideas. With such a small "Development Team" these things take time - which is frustrating I know. There are some important forum improvements that need completing.

I have just seen a new post from Jason, so it looks like were both on the case this morning. I have been off work sick for a week and poor old Jason is snowed under.

UPDATE: The required speed-up has been done - is it quick enough ??!!

Keep on Planning
James.
Mark Lomas
User offline. Last seen 15 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
No problems with access or loading times (a couple of seconds), all graphics up and running (even the animated GIFs).

Im with Ronald, the service is great from here. Perhaps there are higher priorities ?
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
The forums have been unusually slow and/or unresponsive on my end lately. Ive got a cable broadband connection and the Planning Planet is giving me page not available errors about 40% of the time lately.

Is there a problem with the host server?

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Estimating Software, Project Management Software
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Too much data transfered? I dont think so, unless it is on your end. I run a fast cable modem and the graphics you send is a 1/2 second gobble(if that.) Before you spend a lot of money, I suggest that you do some more research on where the bottle neck is. Thanks for the interest. It is appreciated.
Forum Guest
Hi Ron,

10 seconds. Blimey, thats too slow. I have spent a few mins this morning looking over the main front script.

It seems (but I am not wholly convinced) that the processing only takes a small portion of the overall load time, and the rest is taken in transferring the data across the web. I think that the page size can be down-sized fairly substantially.

I will get on to that v.soon.

THANKS for the feedback.
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
It takes me around 10 seconds to access the forum from the top but otherwise access is fine. Do I find this acceptable?

I believe that the answer to this question involves economics. Seeing as I paid nothing for access to your forum, it seems quite ungrateful of me to tell you that you need to speed things up. If we all paid $25 a month, then I would believe that your service is currently too slow.

Considering the free nature of PP, I believe the real question is, "Is the service too slow to be useable? Will the response time cause members and potential members to leave?

For me, the answer is, "No." Ill stick with the 10-second wait because PP is a great place to discuss, learn, and help others involved in the Planning/Scheduling Profession. Keep up the good work!