Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Contruction activities_ Precast concrete Slab Track sections (PTSS)_The FFB Slab Track"BOGL" System

2 replies [Last post]
Winner YOUSMAN
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Partners,

I am looking for the knowledge about installing of Precast concrete Slab Track sections (PTSS) in Railway Construction project with using the FFB Slab track'Bogl" system.

Would you mind to share to me about;

1. Work Breakdown Structure of this installation phase? what kind of activities in details

2. What are kinds of equiment as the resources and material (on-site) as well ?

3. how to organize the step and sequence of these activies?

This is the first time for me to involve in railway, I wish I can learn from you all

I really appreciate your contribution to support me.

Thank You

Best Regards

W.Yousman

Replies

Winner YOUSMAN
User offline. Last seen 12 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all,

I need a help to find the scope of of work for civil work in construction phase in underground railway project.

the project is located in a modern and busy city.

Which methodology that I have to use cut and cover method or tunneling?

I wish you are wiling to share your data which inform the civil scope of work systematically.

Thank you

Best Regards

W.Yousman.

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 38 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Winner,

Trackwork construction may include the following

1.) Upstand or walkway (In tunnels)  This can be done very quickly if you have a prefabricated shutter. (48 to 60 meters / day)

2.) Trackwork Installation - This works includes Flush Butt Welding of long welded Rail (LWR), Distribution of Materials, which includes precast concrete slab (where rails are mounted and fastened) and concreting. Gauge and alignment check prior to concreting.  

Production rates for flush butt welding up to 30 FBW / machine / day  Equipment - Flush Butt Welding Machine

Distriution of Material - Gantry Crane on Wheel or Forklift

Guage and Alignment Checking Equipment, Concrete pump.

3.) Overhead Lines (OHL) if electric driven

Best regards,

Daniel