Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Level of effort activity

7 replies [Last post]
amar iadaden
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good morning all,

please,could some one to explain me why:

i have created a LOEF activity for rented non labor resource for a certain number of activities.

i have created a base line for my plan.During the progress my plan shown a certain delay ,there for the gant bar of activities and baseline are no longer superimposed,but instead to see the bar of level of effort linked to the actual activities ,i see the bar of level of effort is linked to the last bar of the baseline.what is wrong in the begining.

Replies

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 4 hours 2 min ago. Offline

amar iadaden

Thanks Kelly for your reply

I tried to move up and down the level of effort bar ,but there is no change.The relationship FF remains attached to baseline bar.

amar iadaden

Good morning Kelly,

as my question is not clear , i rephrase my question.

during the progress, the relationship Finish to finish  of the level of effort activity is with the baseline bar of the last activity instead of the last remaining activity bar.

i hope it is clear now.

david kelly

Yes, it is clear now.

It is the position of the bar definitions in the dialogue that controls them, which determines the bars that the relationship lines join. You move the bar definitions up and down in the list to change.

amar iadaden

Good morning Kelly,

during the progress, the relationship Finish to finish  of the level of effort activity is with the baseline bar of the last activity instead of the last remaining activity bar.

i hope it is clear now.

amar iadaden

Good morning Kelly,

i hope it is clear now.

amar iadaden

Good morning Kelly,

i hope it is clear now.

david kelly
Not completely clear what you are asking, Amar. The relationship lines, showing in the bar chart, are drawn between the bars listed first in the Bars dialogue. By default, Primavera lists the baseline bars BEFORE the remaining bars. To change this, you move the bars up and down in the bars dialogue. Does that help?