Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Projected As Built - New Delay Analysis Method.

3 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Projected As Built

A New Delay Analysis Method

This is a condensation of my 25 years experience as a Delay Analyst into one simple system.

It Requires:

No critical path - no detailed weekly as built data - no detailed logic - can be used by any junior planner - tested in adjudication.

Use for both – Work in Progress – Forensic Analysis.

All set out on 3 A4 pages.

Extract from a recent Adjudicators Award on my use of the Projected As Built Delay Analysis Method.

“Mr Testro considers that the baseline used by Mr. Delay Expert is not fit for use in the sort of impacted delay analysis used by Mr. Delay Expert whilst the As Planned v As Built methodology preferred by Mr. Testro, is a passive comparison not impacted by the flawed logic that may be implicit in an invalid or insufficiently sensitive baseline. He promotes as part of his preferred approach a common-sense review of the data.”

“Mr. Testro considers that Mr. Delay Expert has failed to make or made insufficient use of a common sense filter in his analysis. This has some merit in my view. It is for this and the other reasons set out above that the approach to the delay analysis adopted by Mr. Testro is in my decision on balance generally to be preferred to that adopted by Mr. Delay Expert.”

Download as an EBook from my website:

http://www.expertdelayanalysis.com/order-book/

At £35.00 through Paypal.

At £15.00 per page it will be the most significant investment you have ever made in progressing your career in delay analysis.

Replies

Carmen Arape
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

I am interested in your book: Project as built method.

Is the delivery to USA included in the price and you provide delivery.

Thanks & Regards,

Carmen

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Alex

Except that it is so simple that even a Judge can understand it.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Anders Axelson
User offline. Last seen 3 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I would say that an AP v AB comparison that draws on "common sense" is still a simulation in much the same way that a time impact analysis is - it's just that the simulation is so easy and straightforward that it is readily carried out by your brain, rather than on the page or the computer screen!