Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Starting Schedule Date for New Scope

4 replies [Last post]
Tandyo Winarno
User offline. Last seen 8 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear All,

I would like to ask how to develop claim schedule for the new scope in the middle of work execution  to the Contractor.

What will be the schedule starting date for new scope?

Will it be plotted on the date in the current schedule when Contractor received the Company Instruction or the date in the Baseline schedule?

Regards,
Tandyo

Replies

Tandyo Winarno

Hi Mike

1. As of To Date (now) the Project is already late 6 months. In order to complete remainng work Contractor need 1 more month. So if Contractor could complete the remaining work within 1 month, then the whole project is 7 month late.

Now Company request Contractor to do the new scope that need 3 months duration.

2. Yes, the Penalty will be applied if Contractor fail to complete the work on or before the FMC date and Project Completion Date mentioned in the Contract. FMC date is same with Project Completion Date.

Regards,
Tandyo

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Tandyo

You tell me that FMC is 6 months late and Project is 1 month late.

I need answers to the following questions:

1. Does that mean that the whole project is 7 months late or just 1 month?

2. Are there penalties on the FMC date AND Project completion?

Best regards

Mike Testro

Tandyo Winarno
Thanks Mike for your explanation. I just want to make sure my understanding is correct. The following is the example: The Contractor is already delay for six months against Final Mechanical Completion (FMC) date. The schedule for the remaining work of the project is 1 month. According to Contract, the penalty shall be applied. However, Company issue reqeuest for new scope that this new scope need 3 months duration. My first question, shall the starting date for this new scope be plotted on the FMC date of Baseline/agreed latest schedule or other schedule date? Secondly, shall the penalty be applied for this case when the instruction for the new scope is given one month before Contractor will complete the project? Regards Tandyo
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Tandyo

In order to project the revised contract completion date you have to use the original or the last approved baseline programme.

Best regards

Mike Testro