Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Survey - Claims, Delay, Forensics

14 replies [Last post]
Chris Austin
User offline. Last seen 14 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. What is meant by forensic planning?
2. What is meant by delay analysis?
3. What is involved in claims preparation?
4. What are the typical qualifications held by the following?
5. What is the typical career path?
6. Please name as many Claim Consultancies as possible.
7. What literature is read by the previously mentioned individuals to find new positions?
8. What websites are used by the previously mentioned individuals to find new positions?
9. Who else recruits claims planners?
10. Where have you found adverts for the previously mentioned individuals to find new positions?
11. What Memberships / Groups are traditionally enrolled?
12. Other than Construction Projects what other projects do these Claim Consultancies tend to have an involvement on?
13. What is the Lighthouse club?
14. Regionally, Where is the best place to work in claims planning?
15. Who is the Leading Claims Consultancy and why?

Please can you email me all replies to chris@goldgroup.co.uk or post here?

Thank you for your time to help me with this survey.
Chris

Replies

Clive Randall
User offline. Last seen 16 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Chill Bill
Bill Joshaf
User offline. Last seen 14 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
All here are in same pan
Richard Spedding
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Chris has answered for me Bill.....
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Bill,

Could I suggest that you read the whole of this thread, and then do a little more research in some of the other threads before jumping in with both feet. You said, "Who are you to suggest others to ignore his posts?"

You then went went on to say "Now give reply his basic planning questions ......". Applying your standards, who are you to tell people who they should reply to and who they shouldn’t?

Chris Oggham
Bill Joshaf
User offline. Last seen 14 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Hey Naas

If Austin is recruiter, then what’s your problem? Who are you to suggest others to ignore his posts? PP members decide to read/reply or not his posts.

Now give reply his basic planning questions as you already gave Ashraf and defended Ashraf very well.

Donot play double game here in the forum. Be positive.
Richard Spedding
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
I suggest we all just ignore Mr Austin’s ridiculous posts - they obviously don’t attempt to add to the sum of planning knowledge, as David says they are from a recruitment consultant not a planner.
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi David,

Just sharing expertise, actually i convert engineer with multi understanding work scope. Its good for planner to understand Multiscope, so they dont be left behind by other engineer.
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 day ago. Offline
Hi Chris
Q1. how do you get the post as forensic analysis.

As Far as I know Raja you find an organisation where you can get heavily involved in working with Primavera.

Why is that Chris? Are you suggesting that organisations that work with Primavera tend to need the services of Forensic Analysts more often? Maybe you should have a look at a paper I am having published any day now in ‘Construction Law’. Oops… I forgot, you don’t do any research of your own do you, you depend on others to give you all your answers.
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
David,

I take my hat off to you! You have a positive gift for asking questions which I wish I had asked myself. Please don’t be too harsh, though, I’m sure Chris Austin intends to produce a paper which he will copy to Planning Planet.

Though having looked at the questions he’s asking I find it difficult to imagine how they will help PP members do their jobs better, get more job satisfaction or improve their prospects. Perhaps he will be kind enough to enlighten us.

Chris Oggham
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 day ago. Offline
Chris

This project/survey you are undetrtaking - how’s it going?

Are you going to be publishing the results, to share you knowledge or are you merely plundering the forum to enhance your reputation and profits?

David
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
Hi Chris,
Primavera is just a tool , I didnt find anything interesting inside without any good information inside it, its not worth it. Even people like you also seeking information to analyse.
To make the best analysis is to consider all aspect relate the management project ,cost, contract, risk impact, safety, flow, process system, trend etc and to understand Multi Discipline and try to integrate in one schedule.

that for now... i will looking fowrd what the idea of this... in private mail, if you interested.
Chris Austin
As Far as I know Raja you find an organisation where you can get heavily involved in working with Primavera. I deal with some excellent companies and should you wish to be considered please do send a CV across. What role are you currently involved in?
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
Hi Chris

Q1. how do you get the post as forensic analysis.
Chris Austin
Richard,

Thank you for your enquiry. I am new to Gold and I am simply very keen to find out more about the industry.

If you wish to answer the questions this would help me to complete a project I am undertaking to understand the market better.

Chris