Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

DCMA 14 Point Schedule Metrics

4 replies [Last post]
Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 46 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows if  you can pull the DCMA 14 point assesmment info from a programme in Asta easily or at least elements of it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Replies

Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline

I believe accumen can do the analysis on an asta plan.

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Chris In the library there is a feature to allocate names to different types of links. You can highlight FS links or Lag links and give them a name. I would use a leading numeral so they are easy to find in the drop down list - 01 FS - 02 Lag etc. You can then either filter on the name or use a column to show the names. Just copy paste the column names on a spreadsheet and you can count them from there. Best regards Mike T.
Chris Wilson
User offline. Last seen 46 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Mike,Thanks for the reply,

I take it you would  apply filters and then just count the number of activities in each filter and use uin the relevant formulas then?

How would you create for the number of activities with finish to start relationships or Lags?

I think I can create relevant filters for the checks that are based on progress but not the ones based on logic as above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Chris Thanks for putting me in touch with this DCMA 14 concept. I have been banging on about these topics for years. See my PP post on "Ban these planning abominations". It seems the DCMA may be an offshoot of the US Corps of Engineers who gave us the "Windows System" back in the 50's Every one of the 14 points can be checked individually by the relevant ASTA filters but there is no "one shot" button. Asta does not allow negative float anyway so that sequence is not valid. Best regards Mike Testro