Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Top Down Forecast Entry (Manual)

1 reply [Last post]
Adam Garnham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Afternoon All,

Hoping you can help me out please.

I am trying to work out how to manually enter forecast & budget values per month. I am happy with bottom up forecasting but more often than not the clients cost engineer creates a monthly rolling forecast (in Excel) that then needs plugging into project/primavera/asta each month against some high level (often WBS level) bars.

Happy with doing this in everything but Asta, so any wisdom on how this can be achieved in Asta would be fab.

Thanks in advance. Adam.

Replies

Leigh Durnall
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You can copy/paste a region of cells between Excel and Asta spreadsheets. Filter out Summary or Expanded tasks though as non-editable values will cause a paste to fail.

Leigh @ Asta