Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Introduction of unachievable NLT constraint slightly extends the schedule

No replies
Evgeny Z.
User offline. Last seen 41 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Vladimir,

I am still experimenting with prioritization and I noticed, that when I introduce my favorite NLT constraint into the j3013_8  RCSP then, when resource leveled, Spider actually produces a longer schedule, than without resource NLT constraint. The extension is not big, only 118 days vs 114, but still, since this is the only prioritization I use and I set it to the finish milestone, then I did not expect this to happen, since I thought that all preceding activities would have the same NLT constraint-driven priority.

I must say, that in the past I did not notice such effect of NLT constraint, but I was experimenting only with simple schedules.

Is there an explanation for this?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FBt_G3gCVqNUE0SEE1Q2VybjA/view?usp=sh...

Regards.

Evgeny.