Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risk Acceptance

3 replies [Last post]
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Hello All,

Could u please tell me what Risk Acceptance means in Risk Analysis?

Regards.

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
Hello,

Do u know where i can get some articles or material abou Risck Acceptence Technique?

Regards.

Marcio Eduardo
Marcio Sampaio
Thanks a lot Colin, now it is clear to me.

Regards,

Marcio Eduardo.
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
It means that after considering possible treatments of a risk (transfer of the risk to someone else eg, through insurance, mitigation through reduction of probability and/or impact, or acceptance), the chosen treatment is to do nothing. That is, accept the risk.
This is normally done because the risk cannot be mitigated or transferred or the cost of doing so is not justified.
For example, the risk of an earthquake may be accepted because it is too expensive to do anything more about it (apart from designing to earthquake codes).