Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risk Software

5 replies [Last post]
Robert Mellalieu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know of a governing body that has done a recent analysis on Risk Software? My planning tool is P3e and its recommended Primavera risk tools are Pertmaster and Risk Decisions Predict. Has anyone compared both products?

Replies

Philip Rawlings
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Osama
Could you re-post in English please (or at least Roman script).
osama yassin
User offline. Last seen 18 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
[Deleted by moderator. All postings must be in English.]
Robert Mellalieu
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Thankyou. I already have Predict and Pertmaster loaded, I was just trying to confirm my doubts.
More to follow when I finish my evaluation.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
If you want to experience Pertmaster, a demo is available for download from their web site
Philip Rawlings
User offline. Last seen 8 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
These products are completely different. Pertmaster is a full planning system with risk included - it reads P3/P3e files to create a risk plan. Predict is a spreadsheet, so it reads P3 and creates a plan in an Excel-like format (so it cannot do any resource levelling). I have not seen any direct comparisons but the premises are so different one would be difficult. See PMT reviews for more info (I have written 2 on Pertmaster).