Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Work in oil and gas and Project Management Student looking to get into planning?Best place to start.....

No replies
cameron archibald
User offline. Last seen 9 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi everyone,

I'm currently away to start my second year of my MSc in project management. I'm a full time engineer who doesn't really use MS Project or Primavera in his job. In fact my only experiance of planning software is through my course but I want to get into the field of planning as I feel thats is something that I could do!

My main problem is finding entry level roles or trainee ones for that matter, I know how to use MS project but perhaps not to the level required for a full time planner.

Can anyone recommend resources/online sites that are either free or low cost that I can learn more complicated procedures for planning? I'm familar with EVA and im doing the best I can teaching myself most of the stuff but would really like to have formal training of some sort.

I'm really fed up in my current job but want to ensure that if I gain a job in planning that i can do the work and secure employment safely, im still a fairly young guy(27) and want to make the change now.

Any advice is welcome,