Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Pain points of project management

1 reply [Last post]
Aleksandra Buczek
User offline. Last seen 4 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I just started my job as a junior project manager but, I have a question to you - more experienced PMs. What are your main Pain Points in your daily work and how do you handle them?

Thank you for your answers!

Replies

Divya Sethi
User offline. Last seen 4 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

According to me, the main pain point of project management is to Constantly Follow-up

Staying up-to-date with who is doing what and whether each element of the project is on track is an essential part of the project manager's role. Keeping up with each member of the team, particulaly those working offsite and third party service providers, can eat into your working day. 

Although these can seem boring and time- consuming, they are a critical part of the project manager's experience. They are essential so that any project manager can have an idea of the overall state of direction the project is going on.