Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help - Alliance planning

No replies
John Chatterton
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All

I'm looking for some help in understanding the ramifications of the situation I am faced with:

I am currently working on an alliance led project in the rail industry. There are 3 parties involved in this venture.  Us being the designe house are 90% of the programme content at this stage. The other 2 are 20% design and a sleeping construction partner.

Our position to date is that we are being NOVATED onto the alliance contract.

I have put in place a view to the newly formed alliance that the standard model for programme integration (mechanism) should be as follows in order to keep contractual boundaries and clear deliniation for all concerned.

Each Party produces and publishes thier own contracted element of the programme to the required publish cycle and once in place the Alliance planner will integrate the individual programmes into a master schedule for issue resolution and conflict resolution then once all parties are happy that each can progress to the terms of thier contract and deliver then we have an integrated programme update to move forward on.

This as I see it is the preffered method of operating an integrated programme in this environment.

However, now heres the problem to which I need your help in understanding...  The alliance management team have now instructed that the planning team will be unified and the "Programme" will no longer be seperate.  They have instructed that the programme be made "Live" and stitched together in a Cloud instance of Primavera and the programme will be divided into functional areas and given to a member of each of the combined planning team to control.

Understanding now that my programme has to be cut up and the primary controlling part will now be given to an alliance planner outside of my organisation for day to day control and management.  The responsibility of the content and the deliverables (and resource) still remain ours but I am now faced with a dilema?

I am trying to explain to our management team (not the alliance board) that this approach is problematic in every way.

Can you help me identify if there are any legal ramifications (which I think there are) or point me in the right direction in explaining that fundementally our organisation is now placed at risk.?

Any help in understanding this scenario would be great thanks

John