Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

importing activity codes, relationship and actual dates

2 replies [Last post]
Wilfredo Jr. Flores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Guys,

Can you help me how to transfer activity codes in P6, from one Computer to another Computer? We are not working in a Network and we only use export/import xer/excel files in transfering. But I dont have success in transferring activity codes and activity relationships.

I have the excel spreadsheet (SDK) but im getting error (ie out of memory, etc).

Also, I can transfer actual dates but not all actual values were imported. What I’m doing is unchecking the actual finish then tick it again to show the actual values.

Replies

Wilfredo Jr. Flores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Albert,

Thanks for your help, but the main problem is, we are working simultaneously using same program but different computers.one planner is assigning activity codes and one planner is changing the relationship. So we want to merge these programs together. I tried to use the update baseline option, and checked update relationships and activity codes but its giving me error. one way is to import and export but i dont have success at all.
Albert Balogo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Fred,

Try to export the xer project into the destop then copy to your USB to be able to tranfer to the other comp.,or export it directly to your USB. Don’t export it to the dipper path. The same problem occured to my comp before. If still not works contact your IT maybe there are some missing important files of P6 itself relates to the activity code.

Regards,
Albert