Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MANHOURS TO MANPOWER

3 replies [Last post]
Frankie Jee
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
Lets say i have manhours loaded to each activity in the schedule.Wats da best way to get the manpower from these loaded manhours?...do i have to export the manhours as a tabular form ( weekly basis ) and divide it with naynumber.....i dunno wat to do i am confused....

Thing is that, i need number of labour required i.e ( Welder, painter, plumber etc. ) on the weekly basis from these loaded manhours>..and how to do this?

Replies

Frankie Jee
User offline. Last seen 12 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for ur support guyz....

Cheers!
Gordon Blair
User offline. Last seen 6 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Frankie,

As a holdover from working in 3.1, I’ve always exported my resource allocations out into excel. the easiest thing to do then is to have your Raw data from p3e on one tab, and then on a copy of the tab, have the raw data divided by however many hours in that trade’s week.

e.g. on TAB 1 Cell A3 may show a painter role having 120 hrs in week 23.

on TAB 2 in Cell A3 you have the formula "=TAB1!A3/40" (without the quotation marks) where 40 is the hourly week for a painter.
This will give you that week’s manpower requirement for painters... 3
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
you will never understand it if you don’t know how you get those man-hours (or how it was derived).

First it will come from quantities.

Secondly from your allocations (best assumptions and solid experience or collected data from those with experience).

Thirdly, you derive your productivity rates.

Fourth, this is the appropriate time that you can estimate the activity durations (once you had done 3 steps above).

Fifth, you can now work with your program, you must understand what is the "Planning Unit" used and what did you use in your resource allocations (Units per Plannig Unit).

hth