Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

No Subject Specified

4 replies [Last post]
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Any idea what I am doing wrong? I don’t have a baseline bar for the new activity updated to the baseline. I have tried the workaround as suggested from POINT but still no baseline bar.Oh and I’m on sp4.

Solution ID: prim27158

When Updating a baseline for Added activities the baseline data for the new activities does not display.

Version(s): 5.0

Problem: When Updating a baseline for Added activities the baseline data for the new activities does not display.

Problem: Baseline bar does not appear for new activities added to the baseline.

Fix: This known problem in Project Management has been corrected in version 5.0 Service Pack 3.

Fix: Workarounds:

Go to Project, Assign Baselines and then click OK
Close and reopen the project.

Replies

Mark Chapman
red herring! Not sure how this happened but the activity in the baseline wasnt the same as the current project. So now I need to find out how this happened!
Mark Chapman
Joao, Not sure what you mean but sp4 is shown when going to "about primavera".
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
BTW: Have you updated the database when applying the SP?

HTH
Joao Ribeiro
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
If your project database (usually PMDB) was created with P5.0 and a SP prior to 3 or 4 (pl check POINT) you should also upgrade it with the corresponding Primavera utility, because Primavera changed the it’s fields, stucture and queryes.

Cheers