Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 & Neural network

5 replies [Last post]
emin simsek
User offline. Last seen 17 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am working on project that merge neural network algorithms (not decided yet). Although I haven’t a frame about project but topic is defined only, I want to benefit from P3’s cost control management. If anyone works such things we can talk about it...
Best wishes.

Replies

Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Andy,

I remember talking with the developers at IMC (they wrote CM) about the respective routines for spreading values across dates. Apparently the CM values are more accurate.

I will try and see if anyone I know has information on the 6 versions of these products. Do you know if PM is more accurate than CM or do you just know they are different?

One thing for sure is the best combination is P6 PM and Deltek Cobra - and yes they can talk before everyone gets in a hissy fit. :-)
Andy Parkes
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Barrie, A long time since you posted this message, but I’ve searched for any reference to Cost Manager...

We’re trying to implement the software but we’re finding some inconsistencies between PM 6.2 and CM 6.2 - specifically if user defined Calendars or Resource Curves or future period bucket values are used in PM - the Cost calculation doesn’t spread accurately in CM.

Have you experienced this? Did you find a work around? Are you still using Cost Manager?

Thanks

Andy
Barrie Callender
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 weeks ago. Offline
Primavera Cost Manager was created completely independantly of Primavera and badged engineered by them. Despite a user interface that takes a while to get used to, it is very powerful and a very good Cost Management tool. I used it extensively whilst implementing a large EVMS system in the USA.

John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Fully agree with Rashid - however if you need a cost control tool perhaps try looking at a product called "Cost Manager". This is sold under the Primavera name and is said to be fully intergrated into their scheduling software.

Regards

John
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 17 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Emin,

Dont take P3e/c as a Cost Control tool, it is a scheduling software, and to an extent, can be used for performance measurement. In short, if you are looking for performance reporting for direct costs/hours then it will work fine else putting it in the cost control would be an abortive effort.

Regards
Rashid