Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Document List

4 replies [Last post]
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all P5 users;

Do u have any experience using the P5 for manages a document list with all the emissions of drawings and its revisions??

Regards;

Marcio Eduardo
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
Any help Mario??

Regards.
Marcio Sampaio
Thanks Mario,

I was thinking about create a schedule showing drawings as activities - with resources, link with the file etc - and creating new activities when new revision were requested by the costumer. Thus I could manage the time that each drawings would be leading to be ready, which drawings that would be suffering more revisions, which designers would be overloaded, which not, to measure productivity etc.

What do u think about that??

Thanks and regards.

Marcio Eduardo.
Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Do you mean with the basic system or with the Collaboration document management system (IManage)?

If you use the collaboration part you can handle document initiation, approval workflow and versioning from within the system.
Marcio Sampaio
I would like to know if that is possible, positive and negative points etc.

Thanks.