Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

primavera and msp

3 replies [Last post]
Francis Moyalan, ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hello all,

1)can any one help me in getting rid of my ambiquity on the difference between primavera and microsoft project planner...

2) and what are the new features of msp enterprise version and desk top versions-with their differences

3) is multiple project planning possible in msp as in P3

it will be highly appreciable if anybody replies to my queries in detail.....

Replies

Girish Raghuraman
User offline. Last seen 18 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
The basic difference between Primavera and MS Projects is that Primavera uses a database while MS Project is more like a spreadsheet. Thats why in cases where one really wants to use, filter and sort data to a great extent PM is superior. Ofcourse this would be dependent on the inputs one has fed into the database. Hence for smaller schedules involving lower level of complexities MPP is fine but when complexity is higher then one necessarily needs to use PM
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
1) Please do a search in the forum and all previous discussions on this subject will be prompted.

2) Either contact Microsoft or compare the software brochure. My experience is Microsoft always claim the function is available subject to additional solutions and systems

3) It can be achieved but not like Primavera product. Depend what MSP version you have installed.