Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Retrieving a Forgotten NetSet Password

4 replies [Last post]
Ashley Davidson
User offline. Last seen 15 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Can someone tell me how to find out the NetSet password as the person that setup the network version has long since left the company and I need to add a user. I know the default is ’NetSet’ but the administrator must have changed it.

Replies

Ashley Davidson
Thanks Dave but have managed to get password.
David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline
There is a "back door" password, but it changes every day, and only Primavera have the key!! (i.e. you need to be on maintenance)
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am just guessing here but if someone changed your NetSet password and left, then I would guess that your only recourse would be to reload the P3 software to reset the password back to the default. If you have a current service agreement with Primavera then you should give them a ring. Good luck!
Ashley Davidson
The problem with reloading the software is that it would overwrite our current ’USERFIL’ file which contains all the usernames and serial numbers. No one seems to have the list of all 8 or 9 serial numbers that we use and we don’t have a current service agreement with Primavera as every time we phoned them in the past they were as much use as a chocolate watch. They are programmers not schedulers / planners.