Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Network problems

6 replies [Last post]
Stephen Fawcett-J...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
I am trying to open a file which is on the network but I keep getting an error "unable to lock target project" we have the access writes set to everyone and read/write access but still does not open. What am I doing wrong ?

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

delete the reference to the target in p3 if you can not do that then 

delete the target files from the folder

copy the existing file and give it the name of the project  that is the target project

open the project 

Mulugeta Tsegaw
User offline. Last seen 6 years 47 weeks ago. Offline

i have got the solution by try and error.just i copied those files which have the problem to another folder and opened without problem.thank you

Mulugeta Tsegaw

i have tried to remove the target project but i couldnt again i get error messege "exclusive access denied".

Mulugeta Tsegaw

i am tring to open the some files of P3,other files are working, and i get an error "Unable to lock target project" what should i do to open these files

Stephen Fawcett-J...
User offline. Last seen 16 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks for your help but we have just found the P3 version downloaded is not working properly. Problem now resolved many thanks
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
What happens if you unattach the target project ?. Sounds like someone has the target plan open in Exclusive mode