Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

join projects

6 replies [Last post]
Rajeev Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I want to join 5 projects into one master project. Each of the projects contain the same structure, ie the codes, while the code values are different. I tried merging and the code values got inside the master project along with activity only(not in the dictionary) and hence no description. Is there any other way the code values and descriptions, wbs & descriptions gets updated in the code dictionary?

Replies

Graham John Harper
User offline. Last seen 15 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
If you create a Group Programme and copy all your individual programmes into the group you will then be able to use the file 3007_200252492644_ProjectMod.xls or 3007_200252492644_Project.xls to modify all your codes, resources, wbs etc. These files are available as a download file on the Primavera Website. If you use the Primavera Knowlegebase search tool it is quite easy to find and even easier to use.
Regards

Graham
Rajeev Kumar
I can live with duplication because I can make sure there are no duplicates before I import, but my question is, is it possible to export Code values and Code Value "DESCRIPTIONS" in the first place.

I have come across PRMBATCH which says I have to create a batch input file before I do the batch processing. How do I create a batch input file from an existing project?
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 1 week ago. Offline
mkt’s option to import data to Excel and then export from Excel to form a Master schedule is not workable 100% . Duplication may be get in such procedure. So we should opt/follow that path through which such duplication may be avoided.

Have any idea to overcome the above situation !!!
Rajeev Kumar
Thanks.

Can you tell me what "RA" stands for?

When I checked the export dialog box, I found no field for Code descriptions. i can only export and import code values and that too if they are assigned to activities only.

Is there any other way to export code values & descriptions and import them back?

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Use RA can do it.
Export the dictionaries from P3 to Excel or Access or etc, then import it to the Master. Remember to check any duplication before import.
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Yes

You use a P 3 Excell Documents

CD:RaSamplesExcell You need to download these from the P3 CD.

You then use the file Project.

Cheers