Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 to P3e transfer

3 replies [Last post]
Chris Stones
User offline. Last seen 19 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
My client has recently upgraded to using P3e and now cannot seem to open the monthly P3 progress we send.

As I have not experienced P3e, is there a way of sending the P3 data in a format that P3e will understand?

One thought we did have was that it may be the difference between the server type that is casuing the problem??

Replies

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
By elimiation, would you mind do some tests: -
- Export P3e/c to P3 and then import the output back to P3e/c without modification. (To identify and problem on P3e/c import/export function)
- Export to P3, open P3, any problem (Check is export file is OK)
- Export to P3, open P3, close without modification, import to P3e/c (check P3 software is problem source)
- Export to P3, open P3, close with modification, import to P3e/c (check P3 software is problem source)

The above test are on two machines, one P3e/c, one P3. Check the finding. Then cross machines.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Chris, may I know what error message or incorrect result you client have?
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Owners of P3e can import and convert P3 schedules into P3e schedules. Have them open P3e and then select File / Import. The rest of the steps are explained in the manual and in the help file. (For the record, P3 cannot import P3e schedules. You have to ask the P3e Owner to export to P3 first.) Good luck!

Ron Winter.