Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

to access p3 on win2000

3 replies [Last post]
Aleli Florencia M...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
i have problem accessing P3 using my login name during startup in windows 2000.
when using login name of administrator, p3 can be accessed, however, when my own login name is used during startup to windows 2000, p3 can no longer be accessed, why so?
the dialog box appears while accessing p3: "win2000 systems require power user profile rights to run p3."

Replies

Sundaram Arunan
User offline. Last seen 17 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Hai,

Exactly sir. I think this may be read / write protection from system administrator.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
You should have administrator right for your login; also make sure you have RW access to WORKLOC directory.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Talk to your IT department about changing your access rights when logging in under your own account.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software