Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Did some one change the links in my program !!!!!!

8 replies [Last post]
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello every body,

I would appreciate if some one has a technique or software to enable us to discover any change been made to our original Plan.

Such as change in link, duration,lags...etc.

thanks
Ali
------------------------------

Replies

Daryl Walcroft
User offline. Last seen 13 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I agree with the last comment, use Access to check for differences between shedules. Digger has had difficulty with a number of my schedules in the past and I always end up returning to Access. Just be sure you understand what each of the field definitions mean - they arent very user friendly.
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hey Guys and Kabayan ,
To deterimine if some one change or some changes has been made in your schedule specially relationship.yes Primaplan ,digger is effective but if your familiar with Microsoft access database you can make your own schedule checker.to do it for your.
Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
If you dont want people to make unneccessary changes in your program, you can also take advantage of P3s security.

However, be forewarned that theres a way around this security and thats by someone giving himself Privileged rights in Netset.

The safest way is to backup your files and store these in a safe place. Only the paranoid survives.

Jorge
Crown Systems (Philippines)
Soheil Jafari
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
Digger is the powerful SW.
Please do not miss it.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Another company produces P3 comparison software with analysis tossed in as well called Schedule Analyzer. Look to www.ronwinterconsulting.com for more.
Mohamed Gebriel
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
I almost forgot, there is also a sw called digger from a company called HST Software.

Their web address is: HST Software
Mohamed Gebriel
User offline. Last seen 10 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
The company is called Primaplan. The project Investigator has a version which works with P3.

Another tool called Primaplan Flint possibly has the same functions, but theyve got versions of it for P3, P3e and Teamplay.

The products web addresses are:

http://www.primaplan.com/products/investigator/investi-index.htm

http://www.primaplan.com/products/flint/flint-index.htm

You can download 30-day full working trial versions for both products from the web.
Mike Harvey
User offline. Last seen 10 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
There is a very good product in the market called project investigator which will interrogate your programme very thoroughly.

The company is based in the Netherlands - seek advice for full address through your local Primavera dealer.

Regards
Mike Harvey