Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Contractual Dates, in the past

No replies
Dean Pearcy
User offline. Last seen 1 year 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Could someone please give me a suggestion on how to deal with contractual milestones that are in the past as far as the Data Date is concerned?

I have a number of projects where the contract completion milestone date is now in the past, yet is not complete. The project is still contractually oblidged to complete by a date that is in the past, yet is not complete, therefore the milestone needs to reflect the correct contractual finish date. But P6 will not allow dates behind the data date unless they are actualised. We do have outstanding but unimplemented CEs that will cover us for the delay, but because these are as yet unimplemented, I con't show these in the ocntract programme yet either.

It feels wrong to actualise the milestones, so that I can make them reflect the correct date, but it also feels wrong to allow them to show an incorrect date, i.e. the data date that is holding them.

TIA.